I’m Sam Thurlby-Brooks. I’m a specialist in pregnancy, birth and postnatal massage. I’m passionate about people sleeping in the right position, so they can relieve pain and wake up feeling refreshed and revitalised.
So, I created the Mumanu pillow to help the thousands of pregnant women and other people I treat for lower back and hip pain.
Before hitting the market, the Mumanu pillow was tested by more than 1,500 pregnant women with 96% finding it more comfortable than before… so we know you’ll love it too. (I’ve been using mine for nearly five years!)
If you’re interested in learning more about what I’m involved with, please visit my website Joyful Childbirth
Sam Thurlby-Brooks, Creator and CEO, Mumanu Pregnancy Pillow
- Trained massage therapist (specialising in pregnancy massage)
- Trained doula (birth partner) with famous obstetrician Dr Michel Odent
- Spokesperson including articles here. I’ve also been published a couple of times in the award winning OHbaby! Magazine
- Set up Doula NZ, an organisation that supports and represents doulas across New Zealand
- Former Bella Mama pregnancy massage francisee in Mt Eden for two years
- Private massage service from home www.joyfulchildbirth.co.nz
- Qualified Hypnobirthing Instructor and studied the Yoga Academy’s Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Programme
- Co-author of the Svastha NZ Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course Theory
- Certified BirthWorks International Childbirth Educator (the first person to do so outside the USA)
- BirthWorks Ambassador of the Year Award 2012
- In a few years I hope to start my PhD on the rights of women during pregnancy and birth.